Ringworm Fungal Infection Remedies
This is one of the most common fungal infections to affect children and adults. Ringworm is caused by parasitic microorganisms that live on the outer part of your skin. It is quite easy to recognize this fungal infection on the buttocks, as it is characterized by a circular rash with a raised border. The rim of the rash is red and inflamed, while the middle part of the circle appears normal. In a few rare instances, you could also suffer from this fungal infection, without developing the circular rash.
Ring worm usually goes away on its own though it can take a long time to disappear. There are several over the counter topical medicines that can be used for treating this fungal infection. In case the infection has spread to a larger area, your doctor may prescribe oral and topical medicines. You could also use home remedies to treat ringworm, which include
- Chamomile, lemongrass or ginger tea.
- Olive leaf extract.
However, make sure that you speak with your doctor before using any of the remedies mentioned above.
Who Is At Risk Of Getting Jock Itch
As the name suggests, jock itch is common in athletes who sweat a lot and wear tight, wet clothes for long periods of time. It mostly affects men and adolescent boys because moisture can get trapped between the scrotum and thighs. Additionally, if you are overweight you are more likely to experience jock itch because the fungus can thrive in folds of skin, which are prone to sweating. However, jock itch can affect anyone because it is highly contagious.
The following can also increase the chance of you getting a jock itch infection:
- Wearing clothes that are tight and irritate your skin
- Having moisture in your groin area from sweating
- Leaving on a wet bathing suit for a long time
- Sharing damp towels or sweaty clothing
- Being in close contact with someone infected
Can Intertrigo Cause Complications
If intertrigo is not treated properly, it can cause complications, including:
- Nail fungal infections: If a fungal infection from intertrigo that is between your toes or fingers is not treated properly, it can cause a fungal infection in your toenails or fingernails.
- Cellulitis: Cellulitis is a deep infection of the skin and soft tissue caused by bacteria. If cellulitis is not treated properly, it can be life-threatening. This complication is more common in people who have diabetes and intertrigo.
- : If you have an infection caused by intertrigo that is not treated, it could lead to sepsis. Sepsis is a medical emergency caused by the body’s response to systemic infection. It can be life-threatening.
Read Also: How To Tell Tooth Infection
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Intertrigo
Signs and symptoms of intertrigo depend on how severe it is and if there is an infection or not.
Early symptoms of intertrigo without infection can include:
- Having a somewhat symmetrical red or reddish-brown rash with small bumps in an area where your skin rubs against itself.
- Having itching, stinging and/or burning in the affected area.
- Feeling uncomfortable or experiencing pain in the affected area.
If intertrigo is not treated in its early phase, you can develop the following symptoms:
- Feeling like your affected skin is raw.
- Having cracks in your affected skin.
- Experiencing bleeding or oozing from your affected skin.
- Having skin that is crusted over and/or scaly in the affected area.
Symptoms of intertrigo with an infection can include:
- Having a foul smell in the affected area.
- Having bumps on your affected skin that contain pus.
- Having raised, tender bumps on your affected skin.
If you have signs of an infection, its important to see your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital as soon as possible. Infections need proper medical treatment and can lead to serious complications if theyre left untreated.
Split Bum Crack Symptoms
Ask doctors about a split in the crack or ass spots on top bum crack, some also complain of an itchy rash on bum crack, a smelly wet sore bum crack, a rash on bum crack and a smelly itch bum crack some even with white puss spots. Itchy red spots in the top of bum crack have also been reported.
Read Also: Will One Diflucan Cure Yeast Infection
Fungal And Yeast Rash On Buttocks
Fungal infection of the groin area also known as jock itch is the other possible cause of rash on buttock. This is caused when the fundus on the surface grow due to the wet and dirty enabling environment. As the fundus enter the supratidal layer of the skin, it cause the skin to develop rash, sores, red and flaky patches that are itchy and painful.
With fungal and yeast infection, you do not need to be hospitalized. Your doctor will prescribe drying agents and anti-fungal creams and lotion. For severe symptoms, oral medication may be used.
How Soon After Treatment Will I Feel Better
With proper diagnosis and treatment, your jock itch should go away in one to eight weeks. And, be sure to follow your healthcare providers instructions.
Its also important to finish your full course of medicine. During the early healing stages, itchiness and irritation will fade. Even if your symptoms go away, you may still have jock itch. If you dont finish your full course of medicine, your jock itch can come back and be harder to treat.
Also Check: How To Treat Infected Tooth Pulp
What Treatments Are Available
Antifungal medications are the most common fungal skin infection treatment. These medications are available as creams, shampoos, sprays, and powers. Some people may require an oral antifungal. Your dermatologist will prescribe a medication based on the severity and location of your infection. Its important to keep your dermatologist updated on the rash, as they may need to prescribe a stronger antifungal for persistent infections.
Butt Crack Pain Solutions
According to doctors from the national health service, when asked how to heal a split bum crack they explain that most of these bacteria enter the skin through a crack or graze. By applying anti-septic you will allow healing to take place and as long as you don’t damage the skin again the problem should be solved.
Some people say that they have tried countless creams, talcum powder, scrubbing the area with scentless soaps, and even shaving the area. They think that perhaps hair growth is causing irritation and nothing worked. Some say that they do a lot of exercise at even as much as 2 hours per day. It is possible that sweat could be adding to the discomfort. There’s usually no discharge or redness/inflammation. Some people say that they have seen their regular doctor, and one said they even consulted a colon/rectal surgeon. None of which have taken the crack in their patient’s crack seriously. The usual advice is simply to put some cream or lotion on it.
Don’t Miss: Medication For Middle Ear Infection
What Causes Yeast Infection
Yeast infections are caused by a fungus called Candida albicans. Most people have a small amount of candida on or in the body, but when it grows out of control it can develop into an infection.
Risk factors for developing a yeast infection include:
- A weakened immune system, such as from HIV or cancer treatment or other causes
- Obesity, especially in people who have large skin rolls where fungi can thrive
Can You Prevent Fungal Infections
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to prevent fungal skin rashes in the future. Be sure to change out of sweaty clothes after exercising and wear loose, breathable fabrics whenever possible. Avoid sharing towels, and always wear sandals when using a public locker room, pool, or shower. Your dermatologist can offer specific prevention tips based on your personal risk factors.
Fungal infections are a common and treatable skin condition. If youre experiencing a skin rash, the team at Pacific Dermatology Specialists can provide a prompt diagnosis and treatment. With locations in Torrance, CA and other communities in the Greater Los Angeles area, we offer a number of medical dermatology services to support your skin health. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Don’t Miss: Yeast Infection Resistant To Monistat
When To See A Doctor
Butt rashes arent usually a symptom of anything dangerous. Typically, rashes clear up on their own after a few days or weeks, but sometimes they may require medical treatment. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends consulting a doctor about a rash when:
- the rash is sudden and spreads quickly
- the rash covers your entire body
- you have a fever with your rash
- the rash is painful
- the rash starts to look infected, which may include yellow or green fluid, red streaks, or painful swelling
Dermatologists can often identify a rash on sight. A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in skin health. A doctor will do a physical exam and look at the rash. They might also:
- take a tissue sample or culture
- take a sample of your blood
- ask about your medical history and allergies
- perform a patch test to see how your skin reacts to various irritants
that you may be able to use to find immediate relief, and, in some cases, treat your rash.
How Can I Reduce My Risk
There are many ways to reduce your risk of getting jock itch:
- Thoroughly wash your groin with antibacterial soap.
- Dry your groin after swimming or bathing.
- Apply talcum powder or antifungal powder to your groin to absorb moisture.
- Wear loose underwear and pants that allow the area to breathe.
- Wear cotton underwear to absorb moisture or underwear made out of synthetic materials to wick away moisture.
- Wash your clothes after use, especially the clothes you wear while working out.
- Dont share towels or clothes with others.
You May Like: Vitamin C For Yeast Infection
Can Jock Itch Be Prevented
Jock itch often can be prevented. To avoid it:
- Keep the groin area clean and dry. Wash daily and dry off completely, particularly after showering, swimming, and sweaty activities.
- Use clean towels and avoid sharing clothing and towels.
- Wash athletic supporters as often as possible.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing.
- Change clothing, especially underwear, every day.
- Treat any other fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot. If you have athlete’s foot, dry your feet with a separate towel. Then, put socks on before underwear so that fungus from your feet doesn’t get on the underwear.
- Use a powder in the groin area every day to help reduce sweating.
Keep The Buttocks Dry
Also remember that moisture may worsen Candidiasis of the buttocks. Make sure you do not wear tight fitting pants, try and wear loose fitting clothing when sleeping, and avoid wearing underwear that does not permit moisture to escape easily. By controlling the moisture around the buttocks, this may help prevent and mitigate one of these infections.
Also Check: Will A Yeast Infection Affect My Period
What Is The Treatment For Intertrigo
- Treatment depends on the underlying cause if identified, and on which micro-organisms are present in the rash. Combinations are common.
- Zinc oxide paste can be used for napkin dermatitis or incontinence-associated irritant contact dermatitis.
- Physical exertion should be followed by bathing and completely drying skin flexures. A hairdryer on cool setting is an effective approach for drying underarms and breasts.
- Sweating can be reduced with an antiperspirantcream or powder.
- Yeasts and fungi may be treated with topical antifungals such as clotrimazole and terbinafine cream or oral antifungal agents such as itraconazole or terbinafine.
- Inflammatory skin diseases are often treated with low potency topical steroidcreams such as hydrocortisone. More potent steroids are best avoided in the flexures because they can cause skin thinning, resulting in stretch marks and rarely, ulcers. Calcineurin inhibitors such as tacrolimus ointment or pimecrolimus cream are also effective in skin folds.
What Causes Jock Itch
Jock itch is caused by a group of fungi called dermatophytes which infect the uppermost layers of the skin. Normally these fungi live harmlessly on your skin but can multiply quickly and cause infection in warm and moist environments, for example if you wear sweat-soaked clothes for long periods of time e.g. after exercise. You can also get it through close contact with an infected person or through contaminated towels, clothes or your hands if you touch other infected areas of your body. Fungi are easily spread through scratching, so if you have athletes foot or a fungal nail infection you are more at risk of catching jock itch too.
Read Also: Does Yeast Infection Go Away By Itself
It’s Probably: An Allergic Reaction
Unlike a heat rash , other rashes are sparked by allergic reactions, like contact dermatitis . This itchy rash is caused by direct contact with a substance that you’re allergic to. The body has an immune response that can cause discomfort and intense itching, explains Sumayah Jamal, MD, the director of the Skin of Color Specialty Clinic at Schweiger Dermatology Group in New York City.
Irritant rashes are often itchy and they hurt like crazy, Dr. Friedman says. The bumps will appear raised and tend to be a darker pink to red color on light skin and hyperpigmented on dark skin. Rashes caused by an allergic reaction are often more swollen, pink in light skin or hyperpigmented in dark skin, and maybe even watery.
The first step is to identify what’s causing your reaction. If you can avoid it, contact dermatitis usually clears up in two to four weeks on its own. While you’re waiting for it to go away, you can try using an anti-itch cream and a cool compress. Dr. Jamal also recommends antihistamines, oral steroids, or topical steroids.
Head to your doctor’s office if you’re unsure of what you’re dealing with so they can provide the proper treatment or medication.
Can Intertrigo Be Prevented Or Avoided
You can help prevent intertrigo by doing these things:
- Keep skin cool and dry.
- Do not wear tight shoes or clothing. Wear a bra that has good support.
- Wear clothes made with absorbent fabrics, such as cotton. Avoid nylon or other synthetic fibers.
- If you are overweight, try to lose weight.
- After exercising, shower and dry off completely. Use a hair dryer with a cool setting to dry areas that can trap wetness, such as under your arms or breasts.
Don’t Miss: Cd4 Count And Opportunistic Infections
How Do People Get Ringworm
Besides spreading from person to person, ringworm can come from pets or other animals . It thrives in warm, moist environments such as public showers, locker rooms, or pool areas and can spread when people are in close physical contact. Thats why its common in people who play contact sports such as wrestling. It can also be passed on objects like combs, brushes, hats, towels, or clothing.
Minor skin injuries , too much exposure to heat and humidity, and some health conditions can make a person more likely to develop it.
How Is Jock Itch Treated
Its important to finish your full course of medicine. If you stop too soon, your jock itch may come back and be harder to treat.
Read Also: Can Fluconazole Treat Yeast Infection
Rash On Buttocks And Thighs
Rash in buttock and thigh is common occurrence among both female and male of all ages. For adult the rash can be caused by either an underlying medical condition, heat rash or poor hygiene. For children and toddles, the rash is cause by diaper rash, fungal and yeast infection.
For mild cases, the symptoms can be managed at home. Applying petroleum jelly and baby powder for kids will help dry they genital area and relieve the skin of the pain and itching caused by the rash. Make sure your kid is clean and diapers are changed regularly say after an hour or two. Avoid scratching or popping the bumps. Let the bumps heal on they own. For adults anti-itching creams maybe used
Read Also: What Kind Of Medicine For Sinus Infection
Naturally Curing A Buttocks Yeast Infection
Rashes are often hard to diagnose and, it therefore may be difficult to determine if you have an infection on your buttocks that is caused by Candida. Buttocks yeast infections may be as difficult to determine the causative agent as diaper rashes are. Yet, if you suspect it is in fact Candida that is causing the rash, you may do well in treating it naturally. Additionally, many natural therapies are effective against more pathogenic organisms than Candida so you have that on your side as well!
Coconut Oil for Buttocks Yeast Infections
There are a wide array of natural remedies you can employ to cure a buttocks yeast infection. Possibly the best solution is to use an antifungal carrier base oil and a few essential oils that get rid of Candida. You want to make sure to dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before using them. Often, essential oils are powerful chemicals that can cause damage to the skin easilyif a strong enough concentration is used. Therefore, you always want to dilute an essential oil before you use it on your skinespecially in sensitive areas.
- Coconut Oil Article: Coconut Oil for Yeast Infection
Essential Oils to use on the Buttocks
Tea tree oil is a very powerful essential oil and it can be lethal if you drink enough of it. Just be warned, the oil is a very powerful chemical, and has been proven to effectively fight Candida.
Read Also: Where To Go For Kidney Infection