Bioactrin Yeast Infection Treatment For Women Pills Clinically Tested For Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment For Women Probiotics
- HELPING YOU FIND THE BALANCE IN THE UNBALANCED: Yes, We know! Having a vaginal infection can turn your life into a nightmare.
- VAGINIAL PROBIOTICS BACKED BY SCIENCE: BioActrin womens probiotics bacterial vaginosis combines Lactocaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001 and Lactobacillus acidophilus women La-14, two premium clinically tested strains.
- GET YOUR LIFE BACK! STOP RECURRING BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS AND VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS: Among many yeast infection treatment for women oral and vaginial supplements for women in the market, most of them provide a one-time relief, only few provide a long-lasting yeast infection relief and are supported by clinical evidence like BioActrin.
- PROBIOTICS FOR WOMEN PH BALANCE PREMIUM PACKAGING EXTRA PROTECTION: Patented CSP bottle with 3-Phase Activ-Polymer sleeve, a product-protective technology that ensures stability and efficacy through product shelf life .
- MANUFACTURED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, THIRD-PARTY TESTED TWICE, PACKAGED IN THE USA: Signify Nature is committed to delivering premium dietary supplements with the highest quality standards.
Recommended Reading: Walgreens Garden Of Life Probiotics
Best Preventive Treatment: Uqora Promote
The makers of Uqora Promote say the product promotes vaginal health rather than specifically targeting yeast infections. However, it contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, and Lactobacillus reuteri, which the company claims can help balance vaginal bacteria.
Some shows that Lactobacilli such as L. acidophilus and L. rhamnosus show promise in preventing vaginal infections.
The company recommends using this product daily with a glass of water.
This product is available for $30.
The product contains calendula, olive extract, beeswax, and olive oil to combat itching and discomfort.
The company recommends using this yeast infection treatment before bed or wearing a panty liner to ensure that it does not leak.
This product is available for $19.97.
Monistat 1 Tioconazole Ointment
The Monistat 1 Tioconazole Ointment is a good option for people who are sensitive to miconazole or ingredients in any of the other options. This option comes with one prefilled applicator of 6.5 percent tioconazole ointment.
This option is best for people with sensitive skin. Its recommended for nighttime use.
Don’t Miss: Ear Drops For Middle Ear Infection
When Should I See A Doctor
If youve never had a yeast infection, you should see a doctor for a proper diagnosis before you try any OTC treatments.
You should also talk with a doctor if you dont notice any improvement in your symptoms within 7 to 14 days. In this case, you may need a prescription-strength treatment, or you could have a different infection.
Do Yeast Infections Go Away On Their Own
A mild yeast infection may go away alone, but this is exceptional. It is always smart to treat an infection from yeast, even if it is mild. If yeast infections are not treated properly, they will return.Treatments for yeast infections soothe the afflicted area and target the overgrown Candida fungus. This two times action reduces the itching and burning and restores a wholesome balance of fungus and bacteria.
Read Also: External Vulvar Cream For Yeast Infection
When To Call Your Doctor
Reach out to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about your prescription and how to take your medicine. Check in with your doctor’s office if your symptoms don’t disappear after you finish taking all your medicine as prescribed.
See your doctor if you have four or more vaginal yeast infections in one year. It could be a condition called ârecurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis.â Itâs not common, but if you have it, you may need to take an antifungal medication for up to 6 months.
Frequent, repeated yeast infections can also be a sign of a resistant strain or more serious condition, including untreated diabetes. Your doctor can help you figure out what the problem is.
How Do Yeast Infection Treatments Work
External factors like antibiotics, pregnancy, diabetes, a compromised immune system, or an increase in estrogen levels due to birth control or hormone therapy can all result in an overgrowth of candida and, ultimately, a yeast infection.
Regardless of the reason, when too much yeast grows youve got an infection. Yeast infection treatments work by simply stopping the growth of the yeast. Once fungal growth is back to its normal level, your bodys natural bacteria will kick in and resume control of your vaginal yeast levels.
Also Check: What To Do At First Sign Of Yeast Infection
Is Vagisil Or Monistat More Effective
It is difficult to compare the two drugs because they work differently. Vagisil can help with external itching, but will not cure a yeast infection. Therefore, if the itching is due to a yeast infection, Vagisil may help relieve symptoms temporarily, but will not cure the yeast infection that is causing the symptoms. If you are experiencing itching due to local irritation not associated with a yeast infection, Vagisil may be helpful, while Monistat would not be an effective treatment.
Monistat has been shown to be effective as an antifungal and will help cure a yeast infection. Using the external cream in the combination pack can help relieve symptoms while you wait for the infection to be cured.
You can always check with your doctor to see if Vagisil or Monistat is an appropriate choice for you because he or she should be familiar with your medical condition and history.
How To Use Butoconazole Nitrate Cream Extended Release
Read the Patient Information Leaflet if available from your pharmacist before you start using butoconazole, and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions regarding the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
This product is for vaginal use only. Wash your hands before and after use. Avoid contact of this cream with your eyes. If it gets into your eyes, wash them right away with plenty of water. Call your doctor if eye irritation lasts.
Use this product as directed by your doctor, usually given as a single dose. Learn all preparation and usage instructions in the product package. Lie on your back with your knees toward your chest. Insert the applicator filled with medication into the as far as it will comfortably go. Slowly press the plunger of the applicator in to apply the full dose of the cream.
Do not use tampons or douches while using this medication. Unscented sanitary napkins may be used for your menstrual period or to protect your clothing from leakage of the medication.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it returns within 2 months. You may need a different or additional medication to treat your condition.
Recommended Reading: How Does Infection Cause Sickle Cell Crisis
How Are Yeast Infections Treated
Prescription and OTC medications both treat vaginal yeast infections. If this is your first time experiencing a yeast infection, its best to talk with your doctor for an official diagnosis.
However, if youre familiar with the symptoms, youll likely be able to pick up an OTC medication to treat the yeast infection.
Talk with your doctor to assess your symptoms and treatment needs if:
- your symptoms dont go away after finishing treatment
- the infection comes back within 2 months
- you have four or more yeast infections within 12 months
Prescription yeast infection medications can include oral pills, creams, ointments, or gels. Diflucan is an oral medication usually prescribed as one dose. For a severe yeast infection, your doctor may recommend a longer prescription course.
Other available OTC or prescription medications include:
Be sure to always finish the entire treatment course, even if your symptoms resolve before completing the medication.
Most OTC treatments are either topical creams and gels or oral medications. Although they all have the common goal of alleviating symptoms, they tend to work differently.
Does Monistat Burn If You Dont Have A Yeast Infection
Monistat may cause a mild increase of vaginal burning, itching, and irritation when used, even without a yeast infection. The vaginal area is sensitive in general and prone to these side effects when applying any type of medication there. However, burning may be worse if you already have a yeast infection present. This is because Monistat may worsen vaginal discomfort that is caused by a yeast infection. Additionally, the shorter the duration of treatment, the more potent the medication is. Therefore, if you are prone to vaginal irritation from vaginal products in general, it may be better to try the three-day or seven-day treatment instead of the one-day treatment.
Don’t Miss: When To Go To The Er For Tooth Infection
Can I Use Over
Sometimes you can treat a vaginal yeast infection with over-the-counter medicines. However, you may want to avoid this if you arent completely sure that its actually a yeast infection. It is usually best to talk to your healthcare provider and make sure you are getting the right treatment for the condition.
Drug Interactions Of Vagisil Vs Monistat
Both drugs have very few drug interactions since they are used topically. Vagisil should not be used with retinoids, such as adapalene or tretinoin, because the combination could be too irritating to the skin.
Monistat should not be used in combination with Coumadin , an anticoagulant that is also known as a blood thinner. The combination could lead to increased levels of warfarin in the body, which could lead to bleeding.
Consult your healthcare provider for more information on drug interactions of Vagisil or Monistat.
Don’t Miss: What Does A Sinus Infection Smell Like
Warnings Of Vagisil And Monistat
- Vagisil is intended for external use only and applied to the affected area. Do not apply to large areas of the body.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor.
- Consult a doctor if you have never been diagnosed with a yeast infection. Do not use Monistat unless you have previously been diagnosed with a vaginal yeast infection. A yeast infection can have similar symptoms to bacterial vaginosis, so if this is the first time you are experiencing symptoms, it is best to get evaluated by a doctor.
- Check with your doctor before using Monistat if:
- Your symptoms are accompanied by lower abdominal, back, or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. These symptoms may indicate a more serious condition.
- You have vaginal yeast infections often.
- You have been exposed to HIV.
There Are Dozens Of Treatments For Vaginal Yeast Infections Which One Is Right For You
Yeast infections are caused by the Candida genus of yeasts , most often Candida albicans.
Research shows that C. albicans colonizes the vaginas of about 20 percent of women and 30 percent of pregnant women.
Though this colonization doesn’t cause symptoms, symptomatic yeast infections can develop when the balance of microbial communities within the body gets thrown off by things like medication , hormonal changes, and the overuse of feminine hygiene products.
There are numerous drugs that can be used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
They can be purchased over-the-counter or with a prescription, and take the form of an antifungal cream, ointment, suppository, or medicated tampon. An oral tablet is also available.
It’s important to get diagnosed by your doctor before trying OTC drugs especially if you’ve never had a yeast infection before because the symptoms of yeast infections are similar to other types of vaginal infections, including bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis .
You May Like: Can Yeast Infection Spread To Eyes
Can I Use Canesten Thrush Treatments If Im Pregnant
During pregnancy women often get thrush because of the changes going on in the body, especially during the third trimester.
You can treat thrush during pregnancy with vaginal Canesten thrush treatments that contain clotrimazole. You should not use oral thrush treatment as it contains fluconazole which should be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant and think you have a thrush, it is best talk to your healthcare professional before using any product to treat the infection.
Yeast Infection Alternatives To Monistat And Vagisil
There are some alternatives to Monistat and Vagisil for treating and alleviating the symptoms of a yeast infection. They should never be used internally without consulting a doctor. These alternatives include:
- Apple cider vinegar: Drinking one spoonful mixed into a glass of water daily can inhibit the growth of Candida albicans.
- Cranberry juice or pills: These can help prevent the formation of Candida albicans in the urine.
- Tea tree oil suppositories: Tea tree oil has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. It has been found to be effective against Candida albicans.
- Garlic: Garlic has antifungal properties and consuming it can help prevent or speed up treatment of yeast infections.
- Boric acid vaginal suppositories: These have been shown to treat recurrent or hard-to-treat yeast infections because of their potency. Milder treatments should be used first. Remember, if you are having difficulty treating a yeast infection, it is best to consult a doctor.
- Prescriptions: No matter what treatment you try, if there is no improvement within three days or if a yeast infection is still present after seven days, it may be time to get a prescription. You will most likely be prescribed an antifungal, such as fluconazole or terconazole.
Don’t Miss: Can Bladder Infections Heal On Their Own
When To See A Medical Provider
Normally your immune system works well to fight off fungi that can be harmful to your health and, with the right treatments, oral thrush will resolve within two weeks.
However, this is not always the case, especially if you have a compromised immune system.
Visit your healthcare provider if:
- You have a medical condition that causes a weak immune system.
- Your child shows symptoms of oral thrush.
- You are generally healthy but the sores wont go away with at-home treatments.
Types Of Antifungal Drugs
Antifungal drugs are very diverse. They can be given orally, as a topical treatment, or via IV. How an antifungal drug is given depends on factors like the specific drug, the type of infection you have, and the severity of your infection.
Antifungal drugs are classified by their chemical structure as well how they work. Below, well discuss the different types of antifungal drugs and give some examples of the types of infections they treat.
Read Also: Can Ear Infection Cause Runny Nose
Lifestyle Changes That Support Medical Yeast Infection Treatment
While taking yeast infection medication, certain lifestyle changes can help relieve symptoms and prevent worsening symptoms. These include:
- Keeping your genital area clean and dry
- Wearing loose-fitting underwear, pants, or shorts to prevent irritation and sweating, which can lead to the growth of more yeast
- Promptly changing out of wet bathing suits or exercise clothing, and washing sweat-covered or wet clothes after each use
- Keeping your blood sugar level under control if you have diabetes
Dont Miss: Can Azo Help Yeast Infection
Over The Counter Pill For Yeast Infection Treatment
How it Works
The tablets, once inserted in the vaginal area, work as a Candida infection treatment as the pill dissolves. Some women prefer this type of over-the-counter remedy over the other medication forms: creams can prove uncomfortable and a bit messy to use.
An additional advantage gained by using an over the counter tablet for treating a yeast infection is identified in the fact that the pills are more concentrated than creams so the treatment duration is shorter with pill/tablet use.
You will want to make sure that you get tested for a yeast infection before you start using this type of medication there are over the counter tests you can buy that you can use at home to detect if you have a Candida infection or not.
You do not want to use a medication for yeast defense if you do not actually have Candida overgrowth: this can cause problems with treating your condition and it can cause further health complications.
Things To Keep In Mind With Over The Counter Treatments
Any Other Useful Treatments That You Should Be Aware Of?
Read Also: Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
More Serious Fungal Infections
Examples of fungal species that can cause more serious infections include:
The symptoms of some of the common types of fungal infections can include:
- Ringworm of the body: a scaly, potentially itchy ring-shaped rash on your torso, arms, or legs
- Ringworm of the scalp: localized scaly patches, pustules, or plaques on your scalp that are itchy and may be tender and result in hair loss
- Athletes foot: scaly skin on the bottom of your feet
- Jock itch: an itchy, red rash that appears in your groin area and on your inner thighs
- Nail fungus: nails that become discolored, brittle, and deformed
- Vaginal yeast infection: itching, redness, and swelling in the vaginal area thick white vaginal discharge and a burning sensation when urinating may also occur
- Oral thrush: development of white lesions in your mouth that may also be red and painful
Facts About Vaginal Yeast Infection
It can happen to anyone up to 75% of women will have a vaginal yeast infection at least once in their lifetime.1
A vaginal yeast infection is usually caused by Candida albicans, a yeast naturally occurring in your vaginal microflora.
You can help prevent yeast infections by avoiding high-sugar foods and stress, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Doing so will keep your immune system strong.
1. Sobel. JD. Lancet 2007 369: 1961-71.